From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 18:57:41 -0600

I too agree with Lynn, since I was not raised on packaged stuff, albeit
(sp?) we did have luncheon meats sometimes.  I could never figure out why
friends used to rave about Kraft Dinner, now don't get me wrong I'm not
knocking Kraft it is just much better prepared from scratch ingredients.  I
am not a person with a lot of extra time on my hands to prepare fancy meals,
but what I do prepare is from fresh or frozen ingredients, fruit, veggies,
meat, etc.   We do use canned tomatoes, etc for starters in spaghetti
sauces.  I rely on my GF bakery in town for my bread stuffs, that I order
the day before and pick up freshly baked.  So fresh that I have to wait
until at least 2 in the afternoon to pick it up since it's too warm to slice
before then. Even prior to my GF days, when I would order a veal cutlet in a
restaurant without asking first if it's processed or not, the first bite
would have me hailing the waiter to ask for something else.  It's in the
taste and if not listed in the menu as a processed cutlet I would send it
back for something that I knew could not be processed hash stuck together.

My own two cents whether you are GF or not, from scratch is better in my books
(or kitchen).

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada