Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 09:20:12 -0400
From:
Evelyn Loy <[log in to unmask]>

Hi :) I am new to the list and I have already learned so much just in the few
days that I've been on the list! Much like some of you I wasn't told to much
by my doctor or nutritionist, I had to get info from the association I joined
here in Rkfd. I have only been diagnosed since the begining of Jan. Although
like many of you I think I've had this all my life, when I was maybe 6 or 7 I
had what my Mom called a bowel disease, and was put on a diet of bananas,
cottage cheese, liver, egg yolks and what ever else I can't remember, but
evidently I got better and never had any prob to speak of except I've always
been thin, slightly aneamic, and I to also had a "poochy" tummy. It wasn't
until I had a mysterous bout with pain in my upper back in Sept that put me
in the hosp. for a week that through what seems a million tests they ran on
me that they found I had Osteoperosis, and mal-absorbtion and then the
Endoscopy and Biopsy.  I don't have loose BM's I'm constipated, and that
brings me to my question . Could I take Fiber-Con?  It's really scarey that
my doctor treated me as if this was no big deal , and one thing that really
scared me was when he told me what I had that he made it sound as if I were
to go on this diet and get re-checked in 4 months that I may be able to go
off!  Not once did he ever say it was a life long deal, I was so embarrased
when I was talking to some of the members of the association and told them
that I'd prob get to get off the diet soon!  They about fell off their
chairs., needless to say!    Well I've rambled enough!

Thanks
Evey