From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 13:17:22 -0500

Kirsten Klinghammer writes:

>               The following recipe comes from A Taste Of
>Africa by Dorinda Hafner (1993, Ten Speed Press, Berkeley,
>California).

[snip...]

>    I really enjoyed the cookbook, and it's full of recipes
>safe for celiacs.  The above dish is served in the Ivory
>Coast, but the book includes recipes from seventeen countries
>in all.

African cuisine below Egypt and Morroco is wheat free. It's too hot for
wheat to grow.

Here in NYC there is a store specializing in cookbooks (with 9,000 of
them).  I called and they have "A Taste of Africa" for $14.95 plus
shipping.  He said they also have another 10-12 cookbooks on this region.
They are at:

 Kitchen Arts & Letters
 1435 Lexington Avenue
 New York, NY  10128