From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 11:02:30 -0600

For my son with ADHD and language processing disorder (mild), I had the
doctors fill in the form T2022A (the disability form).  He has a limit date
on his of 1996, as the expect him to develop his language processing
disorder by then.  I have also asked the doctor if we can send one in for my
son and myself, and he said yes, we will try.  The doctor was of the opinion
that my ADHD son wouldn't get it and he did, he is also of the opinion that
the celiacs probably will get it.  I have phoned all types of people to find
a tax break and no one knows the answer, so I'll just try myself and see
what happens.  I'll be no further behind if it gets turned down, but I won't
know if I don't try.

The other avenue I found out about is thru Handicapped Children Services,
who will cover up to $40/mth for your childs special diet.  Receipts must be
included and a doctors diagnosis must be made prior to being considered.
This I find covers the cost of bread/buns/pizza shells/flours and is very
appreciated.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada