Date:
Tue, 16 May 1995 12:26:10 -0400

I will try to keep this short, but it will be hard.8-)

My 15 year-old son has temper tantrums occasionally when his sister eats
something he can't have, but for the most part he is very good about sticking
to his GF diet.  We make GF pizza, bread, and desserts.  He cheated when he
was smaller, but is old enough to reason with now.

There have been several great recipes on the list.  Most have subject lines
beginning with /R.  You might want to search using that.

On the thread of nationality--We have a mixture of Irish, Scot, English,
German, Sephardic Jew, and quite a bit of Native American Indian.  Probably
Cherokee.  And maybe a little Melungeon.  It has always seemed to me that
cultures based on an alternative grain to wheat would have trouble
metabolizing a new grain.  Isn't the change of diet primarily responsible for
obesity and diabetes in Indians?  A culture based on corn and wild rice would
not have the intestinal resources to handle gluten.  *Just my opinion.*  We
have at least three celiacs in the family.

Denise in TN