From:
"Scheim, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 09:36:00 EST

I've seen related topics, e.g., amaretto coloring, discussed here before, but
I was wondering about "real-life" issues of gluten contamination of Corn pops
cereal, one of few readily available breakfast cereals that avoid the bad
grains or barley malt.

Corn pops contain amaretto coloring as the last listed ingredient, after
salt.  I've seen that this coloring can contain gluten, but if it's a small
change of trace contamination to a minor ingredient, I'm wondering if this is
a real risk to someone without an extremely sensitive gluten intolerance.
Has anyone had good or bad reactions to eating this cereal?  -- David Scheim