From:
William Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 1995 23:56:21 GMT

On 1/2/95 at 5:42 PM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

NJ> Parents of gluten-sensitive children need to be alert to the
NJ> possibility that the art materials they use at school and
NJ> elsewhere may contain gluten that can get into their mouths
NJ> either directly or from their hands.  Sticker books, play
NJ> dough, and macaroni art projects are potentially dangerous.

When you say __either directly or from their hands__, do you mean that the
gluten can be absorbed into the bloodstream through the skin?  I have often
wondered about this.

Of course, with kids, there is always the potential for small bits of play
dough to be ingested accidentally if they do not wash their hands thoroughly.

Bill Elkus