From:
Joe Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 16:11:00 PDT

On Apr 28, 1995 Angelica Hammer wrote:

>I  just heard a piece of information that might be of interest to us:
>If a batch of wine does not have the alcohol percentage that is advertised
>on the label they can add some pure alcohol to make it up. Guess what the
>pure alcohol is made of: grain!....Should we stop drinking wine because of
>this?

I really hate to tell you but the alcoholic beverage makers need not disclose
ANY ingredients in their products.  Mary Alice tried drinking only Corbel
brandy.  Once in a while, she had a reaction.  We found out from the vintner
that this was possible due to their techniques for preparing their brandy.
Some batchs were GF, some may not be.  Drinking any alcoholic beverage you
did not prepare yourself is a crap shoot wrt gluten.  Remember, the only
thing that is controlled by the government is the alcohol content; not where
it comes from or how its made:-(

Joe S. Warren
Titusville, FL 32796-3902