From:
"Karen M. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 10:13:54 -0800

Help, y'all!  I just got back from Erin's 4 mo.  visit to the
pediatrician.  He and I had a *long* talk about foods to be introduced,
and when they shall be introduced.  After telling him that I was GF, he
asked if I'd had a biopsy - I said no, and explained why my doctors don't
want to take me off the diet long enough to do a biopsy.  (He asked for,
and received, a list of what happens to me when I cheat- accidentally or
otherwise- I haven't cheated otherwise in a *long* time) He agreed that I
was probably an un-biopsied celiac, which makes for changes in the order
that we feed things to my daughter - he *doesn't* want another kid with
gluten enteropathy if he can help it!  (He already takes care of
several.)

Anyhow, this means that Erin eats *my* grains until she is one year old -
which means that I'm going to have to make her teething biscuits - the
"wheat-free" ones in the stores are barley-based.  Anyone have a recipe?

TIA,

karen

[log in to unmask]   (if urgent, use [log in to unmask] - the better half)
Karen Davis of Davis and Associates (818)892-8555
           "Pain is Mother Nature's way of telling us to slow down;
                       Death is her way of INSISTING!"