From:
Lynne Shandley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 17:10:41 +1100

Hi!

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but recently, after a bout of
gastro, I bought a can of "Ensure", a complete nutritional powder that is
made up with water.  It claims to be gluten-free and lactose-free (I had
asked for something without milk products).  It does however have
caseinates.  It's not particularly cheap ($12.50 Australian) and only
provides 7 250mL servings from a 400g tin.  However, it might help.

It is made by Abbott Laboratories, which is based in the USA.  It is a
complete, balanced nutritional powder with protein, fats, carbohydrates,
minerals and vitamins.  Corn and soy derivatives provide the carbs and
fats, and the vanilla flavouring is artificial.  It doesn't taste absolutely
fantastic, but it is quite edible/imbibable.

Lynne Shandley                          [log in to unmask]

"...for we is awful ignorant and uglier than sin..."
                                        - the Ren and Stimpy Show