From:
Leon Menzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 1995 19:39:41 -0500

Several weeks ago someone posted a warning that those with celiac disease
should not receive the flu vaccine because it contains gluten. I called
Wyeth Laboratories in Marietta, PA who distribute one of the Influenza
Virus Vaccines that was on the market this last season. They researched
this issue and reported to me that their vaccine does not contain gluten
and they know of no reason why a celiac patient can't use it.

This is not medical advise and you should consult with your own
physician.The Wyeth telephone number is (610) 688-4400.

Leon Menzer, M.D.
voice (214)358-0337
fax   (214)350-3281