From:
John Dennis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 1995 05:07:07 -0400

Laurie Levine's description is of considerable interest to me.  My mother's
GP checked her file yesterday and informed her that she had been "diagnosed
and treated for Celiac disease" more than 10 years ago.  Apparently, that
"treatment" did not include any presecription to adopt a GF diet!  She has
suffered from "diverticulosis/diverticulitis" for at least 15 years and an
alternating cycle of constipation and diarrhea is the depressing pattern
that she is living with.  She is now in her 70s, somewhat underweight and
suffers from oesteoporosis which includes a stiffening of the neck to the
extent that she can no longer safely drive.  It was one of Don Wiss' posts
to alt.support.attn-deficit that alerted me to the possibility of Celiac
disease in our family and to it's possible association with oesteoporosis.

Laurie Levine wrote:

>I also have several other symptoms....I do have some minimal mental
>confusion (fuzziness is a good description) at times and frequently have
>difficulty recalling words or names. I do find I get depressed, but the
>restrictions of the diet and my physical discomfort may be the cause.  I also
>developed severe and chronic nasal congestion...

John Dennis
tell: 607-272-3323 fax: 607-277-4725 e-mail: [log in to unmask]