From:
"Julie A. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 19:16:21 -0600

On Thu, 27 Apr 1995, John Baeyens wrote:

> I must admit that I have quite some respect for all of you.  I just returned
> from the States and I don't see how I would have been able to follow this
> diet abroad.  Are you still able to travel.  I can't image me visiting a
> restaurant with a strict GF-diet.  But I would do anything to get rid of the
> pains.

Yes, we are still able to travel.  It's a bit tougher and you con't get too
spontanious, but it is possible.

> 2.I have received quite some colleagues with the 'blue-hands' syndrome.  I
> would like to go further in this and see if there is a connection.  I was
> convinced that there was no link, but after all these mails I realise this
> can't be a coincidence.

This syndrome (Ranauds (sp?)) is common to many people with immune problems.
Lupus patients, those with allergies, and thousands of other immune related
diseases often have this problem.  It can be treated seperately.

> 4.What are the side-effects of Celiac.  I've read something on DH,
> infertility, loosing eye-sight, skelet-problems.  I must say that I have
> intestianl problems for quite a few years and that I have never been treated
> aparet from trivial medication like Dicetel and Immodium.

An increased possiblity of Colon cancer while the gut is NOT healed.  Also,
some malabsorptions has often occured, this will balance out over time
though, especially if you use the dietary suppliments you need.

> One laste question and I hope I won't offend anyone with this one, but I
> would like to help prevent other people going through the same awful
> adolescence as I did.  At 15 I was the kind of yuppish good looking fellow

I know what you mean here.  I have worked hard to educate a few doctors and
some of the public in Alberta because of this.  Hopefully all of us combined
will make a difference.  As to the increased fibre being a problem, not for
a normal person, but if diabetis or Celiac runs in your family it could
cause trouble... mabey.

         Julie May - Manager of Resources, Orbital OnLine Services
         WEB page (start) = http://www.orbital.net/~jmay/index.html
          Running both Celiac and Environmental Illness WEB pages
                Home town is Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada