Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 14:54:27 PST
From:
"Richard G. Feifer" <[log in to unmask]>

>   We are going on a cruise in a couple of weeks
>  Does anyone have any good advice about eating
> on the ship ....I have never been on a cruise before

I had one experience with Princess Cruises, it was a nightmare setting
up.  Their agent had said that they would have no trouble accomodating
me, that I should fax them a written description of my restrictions.  I
faxed a letter and some lists immediately.  I did not hear from them for
a month.  Then a week before my cruise they called and said that they
could not handle it, unless I brought all of my food with me.

I was unwilling to bring my own food on a cruise, and told them that.  I
told them that their response might have been valid a month earlier, but
that it was now unacceptable.  They kept me hanging in the air till
several days before the cruise.  They finally decided they would
accomodate me.  I think that they realized they had screwed up by not
questioning it when they first got my letter.

Once on the cruise, everything was wonderful.  I had the "heart to heart
with the Maitre'd or headwaiter" and he was wonderful.  They ordered
special things for me from Ener-G, and did an excellent job.

bottom-line:  I am not sure I would be willing to go through the hell I
went through before the trip.  Particularly you need to avoid Cindy in
their LA office.  She was responsible for the original screw-up, and then
lied and tried to manipulate me to cover it up.  She really hurts their
company, because once on the boat it was a delight.

-Ric

Richard Feifer                  [log in to unmask]
Technology & Learning             10455 Pomerado Road
USIU                              San Diego, Ca 92131