Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 18:29:57 -0500
From:

This is a recipe for a different kind of pancake.  These little rascals
are good as bread with a meal, with jelly, or like pancakes with syrup.

1 1/4 c. buttermilk
1 egg
1 c. cornmeal (plain)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda

Beat the buttermilk and egg together, then add other ingredients.  Pour
into a hot skillet (325 F in electric skillet) like pancakes.

I usually double the recipe.(I have teenagers) I also substitute a little
less than 1 c.  Vitamite and 1 Tbs.  vinegar for the buttermilk.  I have
also used soy milk replacer and water.  The batter will keep in the
refrigerator for a couple of days, too.

Denise in Tennessee