Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 1995 11:22:40 -0400

On Fri, 21 Apr 1995, Ellen Eagan wrote:

>Chris,
>        I have a question about arrowroot powder. Is that the same as
>arrowroot flour or however they label it in the stores? My co-worker from
>Bombay tells me that the spelling is chapatas, not chipatas. Also, she
>said that her mother never put in arrowroot, just the other ingredients.

I buy Now Brand Arrowroot Powder from my health food store (actually
something they stock!), and I assume that it is the same as Arrowroot flour.
 I've not seen Arrowroot Flour before in my area.  As far as the spelling of
Chapatas vs. chipatas, I imagine that the name is spelled both ways, and
there probably are regional variations in how they are prepared, as with most
foods.  I'll try them next time without the arrowroot and see how they turn
out!

Thanks, Chris Delnat, [log in to unmask]