From:
"Nina Fishman Attridge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 1995 10:33:53 -0400

This just in:

My brother who lives in Jerusalem just sent me this clipping from the
Jerusalem Post (2-19-95)

Products Containing Gluten to be Marked

The Knesset last week passed a law requiring all food products containing
gluten to be so marked.

  The law is the initiative of MK Yoram Lass and is intended to help those
with Celiac's Disease, a sensitivity to gluten.

Gluten is found in all wheat and grain products.  Many foods contain some
gluten in the form of flour used as a thickener.

The law will considerably help Celiac sufferers, who until now have had to
rely on reading the fine print on the ingredients.

(end of article)

If it can be done in a small country, why not in the U.S. and Canada?  (I
know this is a rhetorical question)  Food for thought --- Ethera