From:
Kirsten Klinghammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 22:52:46 EST

'Peter Thomson' wrote:
: (unless only gluten-free flour is milled - but I have found no examples). All
: the mills I have contacted mill a range of grain in sequence. The equipment is
: never cleaned between batches.
:
: Even modern mills often run batches of gram or corn between batches of wheat.
: This produces several tons of contaminated flour each time the batch changes.

    I snipped the above out of the longer message on grain milling.
Is it possible that the Garden of Eatin' corn chips and other corn
products may be safe as far as their "lime" meaning something other
than lime is concerned, and that the problem may be cross-contamination
wherever the corn is ground?  In case anyone was looking into that,
this might be a question worth asking the company making those chips.

       --  Kirsten Klinghammer    [log in to unmask]