Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 08:14:42 CST
From:
Kathy Harden <[log in to unmask]>

My 2 y old nephew (his mom has CD) is very large (off the charts for both
height and weight) and so by no means appears to have CD.  However, he does
have severe problems w/ constipation.  When my sister suggests CD to the
Dr., he says it is impossible that Chad is malnourished given his size.  I
was wondering whether other children who have constipation (rather than the
more typical stool problems) as the presenting sign of CD are of normal or
above average size.  It seems to me that w/o the constant diarrhea, the
weight loss and stunting might not occur.  Thanks for your input.
Kathy Harden
Champaign, IL