Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 1995 12:04:17 CST
From:
Kathy Harden <[log in to unmask]>

My sister and I both have CD.  She recently has developed severe,
unexplained hives.  The last episode lasted longer than 1 wk and was very
painful.  Even after a cortisone shot and ingesting several antihistamines
prescribed by a physician, she did not improve.  She is now being tested for
lupus because her Dr. said hives were a symptom of lupus.  Because of
problems I have had in the past, I have read quite a bit about lupus and do
not remember hives per se being a symptom.  In any case, we are wondering
whether other people with CD frequently develop hives and whether they seem
to be related to gluten ingestion.  Since both of us are quite strict about
the GF diet, we don't think she is consuming it but 3 episodes of hives in 6
months is a concern.  Thanks for any information.
Kathy Harden
Champaign, IL