Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 10:00:35 CST
From:
Kathy Harden <[log in to unmask]>

Hello!  I am a new subscriber to this list although I have been fortunate
to obtain much on-line information from the Prodigy group over the last
year.  On an overseas flight on American in the fall, I ordered all GF meals
and in general, there was no problem.  However, at one meal, I was served
lasagna.  I could not believe that the airline had used GF pasta and so I
told the attendant that I did not think it was my meal.  She insisted it was
and so I tried to explain to her why it couldn't be.  Another attendant then
realized that they had given me a LF (low fat) not GF meal.  She abruptly
ripped my tray from the hands of a woman a few seats up (who had ordered the
LF tray) and handed it to me and gave my tray to her.  I thought it was a
little odd that they would give me a tray someone else had already eaten
from but as many of you know, hunger and lack of options resulted in my
eating from the tray anyway.  The food wasn't bad.  Breakfast later in the
flight was served correctly and was only cinnamon rice cakes and yogurt but
it was ok.  I was suspicious of a couple of the sauces I was served and so
did not eat them.  Ordering GF on a flight is a great idea but I think we
should all still be vigilant considering how awful an attack at 40,000 ft
would be!!!!  Happy flying and thanks for all of the info on this board.
Kathy in Champaign, IL
Kathy Harden