VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2021 15:04:59 -0500
8bit
Sender:
From:
I posted this on the bard talk list but did not get very many
windows insider program.  We would bada test al up comming products and
report back to Nls by email.  I think that this would give Nls a greater
cross section of the Nls user base instead of the very limited way that
they are doing things right now.  There are people on the bard talk list
that would like to test the Nls reader but like me they can't because
Nls is way to restrictive in the way that they select bada testers.  If
I could have tested the dtbm I would have given them sugestions on how
they could have improved the dtbm machine.  Things like the ability to
remove books from thumb drives when they are pluged in to the dtbm.  The
ability to hear the percentages of thumb drives when they are loading in
the player.  The ability to eject thumb drives from the dtbm.  The
ability for the dtbm to connect to the internet to directly down load
bard content to the dtbm no need for a pc.  This would make it more
easier for more users of bard to use the service as the down load
process would be less complicated and less steps to go through to down
load bard content to the dtbm.  The ability to play more audio formats.
The dtbm is so out dated it's so 20th century because it's the only
player that does not have internet capabilities.  I sure don't know what
they were thing but obviously they were not thinking very much. Every
user would not need to use all of the fetures of the new dtbm but not
having them because lots of users don't want them is just a big cop out
and an excuse not to make the dtbm better.  I really feel that I could
be a great asset to Nls by providing them with feedback on new products
and my ideas would be enjoyed by more users of up comming products.  The
current dtbm is just a glorified tape player with a few advanced
features on it.  It might be years before we here in Michigan get our
hands on an Nls ereader and how good will it really be?  What if I
discover thing that should have been added or improved to make it
better?  Well it will just be to late by then as it will be available
for everyone by then so many very good ideas and sugestions for
improvments will not be done or even concitered.  My point is that I
have been disapointed with the dtbm and will the same hold true for the
Nls ereader when I finally get to try it.  Nls should open up the
testing faze to many more users to gain a more quality device for all of
us.  I an others may have ideas and sugestions that the current testers
may not even think of so our input should be seriously concitered
because we all are the end users of any new devices that Nls brings out
to us.  They should not limit the testng to only certain states like
they do now we are very unlucky enough to be able to particapate in the
testing faze.  I did email Nls for the record and told them that if they
ever do come up with an Nls insider program then sign me up.  Maybe if
more users of Nls do likewise they just might conciter having an Nls
insideer program.  It would be opend to any and all Nls users no matter
whear they live  None of this certain state crap that they are now
doing.   This program would greatly improve the quality of future Nls
products and it would be a win win situation for all of usWe all be much
happier instead of being disapointed with the end product.

Brian Sackrider

73

N8mnx

Port Huron Michigan