VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2021 20:17:40 +0000
From:
"East, Robin" <[log in to unmask]>
base64
Good afternoon,

There are a number of organizations that would love to take your laptop either to use within their organization or to give to a client.

There are Independent Centres in most provinces, I believe all provinces, that would certainly take this donation and likely they will work with a client.

An example would be the North Saskatchewan Independent Centre in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.

This organization has a small area for individuals to come in and use, at no charge, their internet. They even have desktops and laptops for clients to use. They have just outfitted a unit with Fusion (JAWS and ZoomText) so that a person who is blind or partially sighted can utilize this service.

A donated laptop could go to something like this or it could go to a client that would be in need of such a device.

Just do a google for Independent Centre in your province.

If not let me know your province or City where you are and I will send you what you need to contact them.

Robin East

Robin East, CPACC

IT Analyst/Developer | Information Technology Branch

Canada Revenue Agency | Government of Canada