VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2016 11:53:39 -0500
From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
G (and all)

Good explanation!  However, the end result is that 3rd party screen reader
developers will ultimately be driven out of business as the new pricing
model simply is unsustainable as a business.
The only reason JFW and WE were able to survive as long as they did was
because government buyers were simply not price sensitive.
This is similar to Trump's comments on the cost of military planes and Air
Force I.
The government over the years on all levels has been notorious in how much
it overpays for many many things; and we, the taxpayers, ultimately get
screwed in all this.

BTW, this pricing model for specialized software with a limited customer
base extends beyond the blind world.  My wife buys sewing and quilting
software, and its pricing is very similar to that for JFW and WE.
R&D plus customer support costs money; and if we become dependent on MSFT,
as an example, the support and development level will decrease immensely.,

Think of doing something for someone you need absolutely nothing from.
Gary Kaltbaum, Host of the daily "investors Edge" radio show
www.garyk.com

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]