GSTALT-L Archives

An ICORS List

GSTALT-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Gstalt-L <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ansel Woldt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 16:54:16 EST
In a message dated 10/29/00 7:04:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I am curious, if you had to name a concise, yet essential list of
 constructs associated with Gestalt Therapy, what would they be?  By
 concise I mean that it would name the larger concepts, which would be
 described or defined in terms of smaller concepts, thus eliminating
 the need to list the smaller concepts themselves.  By essential I
 mean that any one construct, were it to be left out, would render the
 list incomplete, thus drawing a cartoon of Gestalt therapy rather
 than an accurate sketch of the real thing.  Phil >>

Hi Phil, I have two lists of basics, depending on the audience I am
addressing:

My "simple" list for neophyte counselors, teachers, beginners, etc. has 3
basics: Here and Now, What and How, I-Thou.

My "master" list includes: Awareness, Organismic Self-Regulation,
Figure/Ground, Existentialism, Field Theory, Contact Boundaries and
Functions, Polarities, Phenomenology, Dialogical Processes, and Paradoxical
Theory of Change.

Ansel Woldt