VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2019 10:18:31 -0800
Harry,

I remember having a problem with the time myself. I think it was as we
were coming into or out of daylight savings time. The computer kept
going back to the old time even though I would mark the appropriate box
in Windows settings.

What I learned is that there are two places in Windows with virtually
the same Time settings. If you make changes in one of those places, the
changes don't take, but if you make the same changes in the other place,
the changes work as expected. Since I don't remember what worked, I'll
tell you about both places so you can experiement.

One place with Time settings is the general Windows settings. Press the
Start key as if you were going to search for something. Tab to the Start
menu. Down-arrow to Settings, and press enter. One of the items in this
group of settings is Time and Language. While I'm not sure, I think
that, when I made changes here, I'd have to make them again every time I
restarted the computer.

The other place with Time settings is the control panel. Press the Start
key,, type "control panel," and press enter on the Control Panel Desktop
App. One of the items in this group of settings is Clock and Region.
While I'm not sure, I think that, when I made changes here, the problem
was corrected.

Again, it's been a while, so I'm not even sure I'm remembering right.

Ciao