VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2022 23:23:57 +0100
Sender:
From:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Greetings,

recently, had a need to re-install windows 10, two things.

When I had it before, in GoldWave, I could access 10 voices, did not need to
install them, they were just there, with the new installation, using, so far
as I am aware, the same installation file which has then had all updates
applied, GoldWave only sees six voices.  Where have the other four gone and
how can I get additional / the missing ones back?

Now to the main problem.

So far as I am aware my friend to whom I copied the AccessUK post of this ,
performed the installation for me with all due care and attention, doing all
the necessary setting up and, so far as we could judge, all worked as it
should apart from one strange thing.

Whenever I plug in, remove, delete or whatever, I keep getting what I term
blonks through the external sound card.  We definitely switched all system
sounds to go via the realtech speakers in the onboard sound card.

The only way we have been able to stop this is to have total Recorder
running, not necessarily doing anything, just open and ready to use.

The version is v8.6 Pro, Jaws is V2022.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

---
https://www.avg.com

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]