VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Mar 2022 15:55:49 -0500
     HI all,

Sleep mode, what a fantastic revolution for computer users!!!!

For years, I have wished I could turn on a computer, and it would come
on right away, in 5 seconds or less, then, I found out about sleep mode.

It does what it says folks, when I press a key, the computer comes on in
5 seconds, I timed it, it's incredible, and with my schedule, literally,
every second, counts!!

And if folks want to know how to use sleep mode, here is how to use it:

step 1. Press alt f4, and you're in the menu, that says restart, shut
down, or sleep.

step 2. Up arrow to sleep.

step 3, then, press enter, and your computer will go into sleep mode.

When you're ready to use it, just press any key, I use escape and the
computer comes out of sleep mode!!!

It's incredible.

Now, my question. My problem is, this morning I come into my living
room, and my computer is running, so, it came out of sleep mode, it must
have been doing an update, in the middle of the night.

My question is, in the power options, I have my computer set to never
turn off, but there are, of course, different options.

I'm thinking about, setting it to 30 minutes, and then it can go to
sleep if there's no activity, but the problem is, what about Microsoft
doing updates? Who knows how long it will take to do it's updates, I
don't want it to turn off in the middle of an update.

I'm asking this, because I want Microsoft to give me updates, but I
don't want the computer staying on, after it does the update, or
updates, I want it to go back to sleep.

Any help is appreciated, but I do love sleep mode, and I want to
continue to use it.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]