VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2022 00:27:56 -0500
     Hi all,

In windows 11, there is a new key command to get to the notifications area.

I'll tell you how it works after you press the command, too.

The new key command is, windows key and the letter n, as in November.

I just had to use it. I plugged in my thumb drive, and the notification
area came up. So I pressed windows key n, and it came up, and I then
down arrowed to where the notification was, and pressed enter and it
opened up the list box, and I had some choices. So, I down arrowed to
open folder and pressed enter.

and now, I'm all set, and I won't get that notification when I plug in
my flash drive, because I acted on that notification.

After you press windows key n you can tab down to clear all
notifications for, a specific notification, by pressing spacebar.

My thanks for the info to Jeff Bishop.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]