VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2021 19:47:28 -0800
Harry,

It would be nice if email messages read automatically with Narrator--yet
another piece of feedback I have submitted over the years.

To read the message body with Narrator in Thunderbird, you have a couple
of options:

1. Press caps lock + down-arrow, the say-all command from Jaws and NVDA.

2. Press caps lock + r, which is another read command.

3. Turn scan on with caps lock + space; then arrow through the message.
Arrowing up or down moves by line and left or right moves by character.

4. Press caps lock + left- or right-arrow to move through the message
sentence by sentence. Alternatively, you can lock the Narrator key by
pressing caps lock +z, then just arrowing left or right.

Number 4 is buggy, focus getting stuck. I think I've submitted this
feedback too.