VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2021 20:10:28 -0800
Hi All,

Basically, my question is "How do you enter text from the display using
NVDA and the Seika Mini?"

I took my Seika Mini to work today to experiment with connecting it to
my laptop. I did it via USB cable. The laptop is on an enterprise
version of Windows 10 from about three years ago, when Narrator was
still rougher than now, and I use the laptop with Narrator and NVDA.

I started by setting up the Seika Mini with NVDA. It took some trial and
error to figure out that I needed to select the option that says
something like Seika Note Taker in NVDA braille settings, but once I
did, the display reflected what was on the screen (good).

The problem is that, when I enter text on the display, the text doesn't
appear on the computer. I've selected my braille table and braille
grade. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any wisdom.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at