VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2021 14:18:29 -0700
I went to the Audacy website with Windows 10+JAWS 2022+Firefox (the latest ESR version) and had no problems. Some things you might check for:

1) Start with the volume on your computer. Is it set at 100 or just below.
2) Check your JAWS settings to see if JAWS is turning down the volume of applications when it is speaking.
3) At the very bottom of the Audacy player, there is a volume control button for the stations. Make sure that volume is set at 100% or thereabouts.
4) I'm using Firefox and have no problems. However, my understanding is that with the Chromium browsers (Google and Microsoft Edge), you have to have the proper plugins to play various audio files. If I'm not mistaken (I haven't done it myself since I don't use those browsers for my audio listening), you're supposed to download these plugins from the Chrome store. The audio plugins you need to have installed for the stations to play in the Chromium browsers are the.mp3 plugin and the .aac (I believe it comes from Heelix) plugin.

Anyway, without knowing your entire situation, this is the advice I have for now. Good luck!

--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides, if not more.