VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 17:42:26 -0500
Hi all,

In going through the list of apps, and uninstalling the ones I wanted to
get rid of, this past Monday afternoon, I came across an app called
Quick Assist.

I asked A lady to wikkipedia quick assist.

She told me it is an app to take control of someones computer, and do
remote tech support.

So, for the heck of it, I called my computer guy, Rick, and said to him,
let's try Quick Assist, and see what it does!!

Folks, it works, fantastically!!!

So, if you ever need to help someone with a Windows computer or tablet
issue:

1. press the windows  key.

2. Then, type the letter q

and quick assist will pop up.

3. Then, just press enter.

The person doing the trouble shooting or fixing, will connect, then,
they'll tell you to do the steps I just mentioned above.

They will give you a 6 character code that you have to type in, and you
type it in, then hit enter and you'll connect to the person helping you!!!

It's awesome folks!!!

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]