VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 17:22:11 -0500
Hi all,

I just had Rick, my computer guy, try to see if Narrator would speak in
safe mode.

Folks, IT DOES!!!!

Jaws did not speak in safe mode. I don't know about NVDA.

So, to go into safe mode, do these steps:

1. Trun on Narrator.

2. hit the windows key r and the run box will pop up.

3. type

msconfig

then press enter.

4. Then, tab down to the list of tabs.

5. Then, right arrow 1 time to the boot tab.

6. Then tab down to safe mode, and if it's not checked, then check it.

7. Then, tab down to network and if it's not checked, check it.

8. then, tab down to ok, and hit enter.

When the computer starts, just bring up Narrator, and it reads
everything in sagfe mode!!!

This is the first time, we, can do safe mode, which is if you're doing
offline stuff, and it will read safe mode networking, if you're
networking to someone else online.

To get out of safe mode, do the following:

1. press windows key and r and the run box will pop up.

2. then, type

msconfig

3. press enter.

3. Tab down to the list of tabs.

4. Then, right arrow 1 time to boot tab.

5. then, tab down to sagfe mode.

6. It's checked, so, uncheck it.

7. then, tab down to ok and press enter.

9. A system box will come up, and you click on start.

Your computer will restart and you're now back n regular Windows!

enjoy, all!!!

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]