VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan TeVelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2021 17:27:22 -0600
Brian,

What you are asking for is not possible. The government can't play favorites just because an individual thinks they have particular skills to offer as a beta tester. Companies have insider programs because it saves them money when they are developing new products. Companies are in the business of selling products and services so they provide incentives for people to test their products so they will buy them. The government doesn't have any incentives to sell products or services. I wanted to be a beta tester of the Braille e-reader but Illinois was not selected to participate in the pilot program. This may not seem fair but that's the way life is. I will be happy when I get a device even if it doesn't work exactly as I expected.

I think one reason you aren't getting any response from NLS or mailing lists for that matter is your whining tone. You make inflated claims for yourself and can't be bothered to check your spelling or word usage. I would say for starters learn how to present yourself in a way which would elicit a positive response from someone else. I was tempted to ignore your e-mail on this list but responded because you keep sending e-mails to various lists writing like a broken record. This is a real pet peeve of mine when blind people have unrealistic expectations of sighted people and then can't be bothered to make an effort to communicate correctly or present themselves in a way to receive a positive response. People might be willing to consider your ideas but if you can't be bothered to proofread your writing then why should anyone care.

Dan