VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Sanfilippo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Sanfilippo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2021 11:09:29 -0400
Hi All,

My friend has a 4-page CD list of tracks. This printed list is set in a
nice, neat  tabular format, with columns headed something like,
bin, cd, track, title, artist

When we scan this with whatever scanner is available, we get all of
column 1 followed by all of column 2, then all of column 3, you get the
picture.  Simply put we do Not Get The Picture we want

row1 consisting of columns 1, 2 3 info,
Row 2, with columns 1, 2 3, etc.

Is there a solution for this?

I have heard of setting nondecolumnized mode in something like OpenBook,
but that rarely ever worked past a certain date and time; I mean, it
used to work very long ago, but, alas, not anymore.

So,
1, is there something which we can tell the scanner app or hardware?

and or,
2, Is there perhaps some post scanning smart text editor which can undo
the damage and reformat the text properly?

Help appreciated.

John Sanfilippo

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]