VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2021 20:46:13 -0700
Just sharing with the class ...

After this thread and my discovery that I had the TPM 2.0 chip for
running Windows 11, I installed Windows 11 as an Insider. I meant to get
into the beta channel, but somehow I got myself into the dev channel.
Things are sometimes a little rocky, especially with Jaws, so I'm using
Narrator a lot more, which is a good thing.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is this. I received an email from
Microsoft letting me know I was on the Dev channel and reminding me that
I could put myself in the beta channel instead. When I went into
settings to do that, I found an interesting notice. It said that my
computer didn't meet the minimum requirements for Windows 11 so I could
experience some problems. I didn't get a similar warning or notice when
I installed Windows 11, so it's interesting that I'm getting it now.

That's pretty much it for this post.

On 7/15/2021 8:48 PM, Ana G wrote:
> Thanks for this. I just discovered my desktop has the Windows 11 chip.
> I'm a little surprised because my all-in-one has mid range specs. I
> don't remember when I bought it exactly. It must have been 2017 or
> 2018, just asmanufacturers started putting the chips in.
>

> Like others here, I'm no longer excited about the latest and the
> greatest. In terms of Windows, however, I keep dreaming that we'll one
> day have an OS that is accessible out of the box so that all the stuff
> based on that OS is also accessible. Narrator is coming along nicely,
> but it needs more tweaks.
>

> Here's an MS blog post on Windows 11 accessibility, but it's pretty
> general:
>
> https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/07/01/whats-coming-in-windows-11-accessibility/
>

> On 7/13/2021 9:28 AM, Loy Green wrote:
>> If your computer has one You can also find the information in device
>> manager, under security devices

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]