VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeanne Fike <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanne Fike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2020 14:12:37 -0500
Hi,
I got the following from another list and thought some might be interested.
Jeanne

Subject:  survey to help improve accessibility of online shopping

I received the notice below, and thought that many of you would be able to help.

HELP US IMPROVE YOUR EXPERIENCE OF ACCESSIBLE ONLINE SHOPPING

Hello,

We’re master students at the University of Washington doing a research
project looking into blind and/or visually impaired people’s
experience with online shopping activities. We want to know what's
working well and what needs improvement. We need your help!

What participants are we looking for?
Our ideal participants are those who identify as blind or visually
impaired and have done online shopping previously.

What will I be doing in a study?
We will conduct a phone or Zoom online interview. We are going to ask
you some questions mainly related to your shopping experience.

How long will it take?
The session will take about 45 minutes.

Will I be compensated for participation?
We will offer a $15 Visa Gift Card as compensation to show our
gratitude for your participation.

How will the transcript of the interview be used?
We understand this is a sensitive topic. We want to ensure that any
collected information will be anonymized and is only for our research
project.

How do I sign up?
If you’re interested or have any questions, please feel free to reach
out to Yagmur by email at [log in to unmask] or text/call at 202-390-3275.

Sharon Lovering, Editor

American Council of the Blind

1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420

Alexandria, VA 22311