VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 2 May 2020 19:45:48 -0700
Hi All,

In a nutshell, my question is "How accessible is WebEx?"

In our new virtual reality, work is using both Zoom and WebEx for many
things. I haven't started because the specifics keep changing, and they
need to settle down before we make decisions about how to handle
accessibility.

I've been practicing with Zoom at home, and I'm finally at the point
where I'm not intimidated about using it with Narrator.

Now it's time to tackle WebEx. I know I've used it in the past though
it's been a few years. I remember thinking it was accessible, but I
think I remember having a better experience on my Android phone than on
the computer. I've found the accessibility page for WebEx at

https://help.webex.com/en-us/84har3/Cisco-Webex-Meetings-and-Cisco-Webex-Events-Accessibility-Features

Since I'm not going to be starting meetings myself, I suspect the only
keystroke I'll be using is the mute toggle.

Those of you who use WebEx, how accessible is it, and are there things I
should be aware of, like that something does or doesn't work very well
with a screen reader.

Thanks for any wisdom.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at