VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2023 17:37:16 -0500
Hi Robert and all,

How to prevent this problem in the first place is, what I do is, I have
a keyboard with an on off switch.

When I'm not using it, I turn the keyboard off, so the keys or a button
will not do anything when pressed.

But you all will absolutely love this one, you'll get a great laugh from
what I'm about to tell you!!!

One day, when I got home, I had some work to do on the computer. So, I
pressed a key, because I bring mine out of sleep mode, and the computer
would not turn on.

I was not, happy!

About 2 minutes later, thank God, the thought came to my mind, "check
the on off switch."

And, of course, it was off!!!

You talk about feeling like an idiot, that was me!!!!

So you can all laugh over that one for a while, because I'm laughing
right with you!

Then there is the time 25 years ago, when I had a floppy disk drive
plugged into the computer. I turned on the computer, and it came on, but
noghing happened! Then the thought came, take the floppy out of the
floppy drive, and it booted right up to the desktop, so you all can have
a good laugh over that one, too!

Harry