VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2020 15:52:18 -0700
Hi All,

I'd like any tips you can offer for navigating non-uniform tables.

At work, I need to read information that appears to be set up as tables
within tables. There's one master table that contains all the day's
cases. Each case appears to be its own smaller table, showing people,
dates, and so on. The first row of the smaller table spans several
columns, but the smaller table may be next to one or two columns of
additional information in the larger table. Though I'm not positive, the
number of rows in the smaller tables seems to vary depending on the
number of people involved.

I'm trying to figure out an efficient way to jump from one case to
another. I've tried using the jump-to-table command, but it seems to
recognize only the master table. I've tried moving to Row X, but I don't
really know how to do this because there's so much going on.

I have found one trick that works well, but there's a but. The case
numbers are a combination of letters and numbers. When the case number
includes an unusual letter combination, like CEJ or CEFL, I can run a
search for that letter combination. But when the case number has single
letters like F or M, then I need to find another way to read the
information.

Any ideas?

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at