VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2019 18:33:25 -0700
Dan,

I don't remember whether you're on the Android list or not. A recent
version of Chrome for Android, maybe 75 or 76, has a really ugly bug.
When you swipe to an ad, image, or media player, focus jumps back to the
beginning. Since the system uses Chrome to handle web views, I would
expect the behavior in other browsers though I thought Firefox was a
little different.

Anyway, I'm using Chrome Canary right now. The problem has been fixed
there, though there's some occasional jumping. I'll try the stable
version of Chrome and report if I notice anything different or helpful.

If you do try Chrome Canary, you need to go into system settings to
enable developer options. Then in Settings > System > Advanced >
Developer Options > Web view Implementation, you need to check Chrome
Canary.

I'm running Pie.

Not sure any of this is new or helpful.

Ciao