VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ricky Lomey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ricky Lomey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2018 00:58:01 +0200
Hi list

Does anybody know if Clear Com has any talking phones and other products? I
couldn't find anything on their website relating to phones and they don't
respond to emails, let alone talking ones and no idea if they would have
cells but they had a fixed line look-alike which basically is a wireless
landline operating on a sim card like a mobile, that one can use almost
anywhere in one's city I think though hopefully in this day and age they'll
come up with a way to roam nationally and worldwide with these too, some are
like smart phones too or at least have internet capability from what I
Googled though not touchscreen phones, I always thought wireless and
cordless are the same till I heard about these phones. Telkom, the
state/government owned landline operator here, offered these Clearcom phones
though they now use Huawei and wanted to replace the traditional landlines
in the hotel where I stay with these due to cable theft and phones going
down in the suburb, talking landlines is a different story though, I don't
even think the cell phones Telkom use have speech.

Ricky Lomey

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]