VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ricky Lomey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ricky Lomey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2018 22:43:23 +0200
I use two landlines and one is a CDMA, the ZTE-C S188 which they call a cell
phone look-alike with buttons and only calls and SMS, so Harry, is yours a
button phone and I also notice that the phones mentioned in catalogues never
specify the network so where can I find a list of suppliers specifically of
those CDMA phones for the blind with speech or braille display so I can tell
Neotel where to get them? Neotel is the other landline operator here but
though I say a Neotel phone, they don't manufacture phones and no longer
support the one I have, also the keypad or outgoing voice doesn't speak all
the functions though apparently there is an option called voice on and I'm
waiting for somebody to help me turn it on though no idea if that'll change
anything, I am using it because I find mobiles very expensive here and like
the idea of a pocket landline.

.