VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2017 09:25:25 -0700
From:
Everett Gavel <[log in to unmask]>
Dan helped me remember what I do sometimes, Harry. about the pages refreshing. What I've done uncountable times over the years, for various reasons and to save time, is to simply copy all the text on a page, with a Ctrl+a command, and paste it into a Notepad file. It doesn't get much easier than that. And if you know the first few words of the article by jumping to it with you’re A.T. commands, then you can simply do a Find command in Notepad, to find those few words. You'll jump to the beginning of the article, bypassing all the link text, and can easily read it without interruption.

There is some tech in pages where headlines scroll slowly upward on a section of a page. Tabbing through, you can land on one headline, tab past it, go back a second later by shift-tabbing, and you'll land on a different headline in that same spot. Thankfully, when you do a Copy All, it simply copies and pastes all the headlines in that scrolling section along with all the other text from the page. Remember, Notepad is your friend. ;-)

Hope That Helps,
Everett