VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 2020 06:02:53 -0700
Ana:
I'm trying to remember if you're still using JAWS. If you are, one thing that might help you would be to change the table setting so that it recognizes all tables. I usually do this by pressing insert+6, then backwards tabbing once to select which JAWS setting I wish to make the change to (you can do all by going to the top of the list), then tabbing over to user settings, arrowing down to web, pressing the right arrow once, then arrowing down to Tables, then pressing the right arrow, arrowing down to Data tables Only, pressing the Spacebar, and tabbing over to OK and pressing the Spacebar again. Since I don't use tables in the way you are describing, I don't know how effective this will be, but it does force JAWS to recognize all tables, regardless of their type. Good luck!

--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides, if not more.