VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2020 16:42:21 -0500
From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
First, if this is the version of Edge that came with your computer, you'll
want to upgrade to Microsoft's newest version of Edge based on Chromium. The
version of Edge that still ships with Windows is more suited for a tablet
interface, at least in my opinion, while their new version based on Chromium
gives a better desktop experience, plus it's what Microsoft is developing
going forward. You can get it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/

You should get an icon on your desktop when you install it, but if not, I
didn't find an easy way to add it to your desk top, but here's what I did:
1. After you find in in your applications list, hit the applications key.
It's usually on the right hand side between the Windows key and the control
key.
2. Arrow down to More and hit right arrow.
3. Now arrow down to Show file location and press enter. Note that here you
also have the option to pin it to your task bar, which is what I would do
myself.
4. Hit the applications key again.
5. Arrow down to Send to and press right arrow.
6. Arrow down to Desktop (Create shortcut) and press enter.
There's probably an easier way to do this, but I hope this helps.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail