VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2018 04:52:56 -0400
Brain Storming is the best way!
I live rurally, have worked in various places and found many different
types of transportation over 45 years of travelling to work. Right now
I'm lucky, I have an employee who drives by and I pay her extra off
the books for "mileage" each week. However, over the years I have
learned some things that may be usefull:
1. Buried in many state department of transportation are various ride
share affiliations and van pools etc. These are often subsidized and
it is worth a call to your state department to find out what's there.
I have often used places such as local bulletin boards being careful
how I worded my ask so I am not identifiable as "needy or a "mark"
quite successfully; in some cases I've found neighbors by figuring out
where they work and whether it is close to what I need. And, (don't
rule this one out) sometimes I was just plain lucky; took a job, asked
around and found a way. Perseverance pays, those are the two Ps of
transportation in a world where cars rule.  Good luck Ana.
From Maine: Steve

--
 Steve Hoad