VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2021 11:47:16 -0700
Hi All,

After many, many years with SBCGlobal, I'm ready to move on to a
different email provider. In case anyone is curious, SBCGlobal is Yahoo
Mail and ATT Mail and has periodic glitches associated with updated
settings. They happen every five years or so, but I'm just sort of done
with having disruptions to one or more of my email accounts while I find
the right new settings or while the new settings decide they're going to
work properly. The current security change involves my switching email
clients or creating yet another pin/password on top of the one I have
for the email accounts. For whatever reason, this feels like one
pointless change too many, so I'm moving on.

Anyway, I've been reading about different email providers. I have a
Gmail account, which I like, but I'd like my other email account to be
something different so I have a backup. So far, the one that seems to be
the best fit for me is GMX.com. Mostly I'd be reading, replying, and
composing messages in Thunderbird on the PC and in the Gmail app on
Android, and I'd make the occasional visit to the web to deal with
messages that way.

If anyone has GMX, how accessible is the website and how do you like the
service in general? What else can you tell me about it (e.g., ads in
message footers, uneven delivery, pros or cons)?

Thanks for any info.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]