VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 21:05:52 -0500
8bit
From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
To clarify further, I have a Samsung S7 Active, and I can start
Samsung's screen reader, Voice Assistant without any sighted help. In
addition to holding two fingers on the screen, I can also triple tap the
home key. I can also install Talk Back and switch from Voice Assistant
to Talk Back without sighted help. I can switch back and forth between
the two screen readers without sighted help. So even though Talk Back
isn't installed, I can install it and switch to it without any sighted
help. Of course, if I prefer, I can also just keep using Voice Assistant.

As I said in a previous post, I'd be surprised if there wasn't an
Android phone that didn't have any screen reader on it at all, and you
needed sighted help to get Talk Back installed and running. I don't have
any personal experience with such an Android device, so I won't be
stating that this is a fact.

--
Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail